Thursday, May 21, 2015



It's been a busy couple of weeks.  Aiden has found the chipmunk holes in our yard.  Now every morning he yells good morning to them and says hi every afternoon.  When we feed his birds he feeds hi chipmunk too.  This past weekend he and my mom had a cookie day.  He has been waiting for four months to make cookies again with her.  They made "monster" cookies that had peanut butter, oats, M+Ms, chocolate chips, white choc. chips and coconut in them.  

Aiden loves cold water, like Ice cold. He doesn't get that from me that's for sure.  The following is a conversation about ice.

"How cold are ice cubes?"
"Freezing. "
" No, I mean how cold, temperature?"


He wants to know how everything works and why things are the way they are.  He noticed the other morning that the dandelions were curled up.  He wanted to know why they weren't flowers.  Apparently it has something to do with pollination.

Today Mom had an appointment in Burlington, a follow up with one of her surgeons.  On the way home driving down (up) the highway today we passed a tractor trailer. I out loud wonder if it could be something cool under the tarps.(Yes I realize I watch too much shipping wars). Aiden mentioned that he saw a fly, but not that it was near the trailer. It went ahead of us and eventually in traffic we caught back up to it. I took a closer look at what looked like ordinary orange tarps only to realize what Aiden had been talking about. It was a giant trailer full of bees and hives. So for the net 20 minutes or so we talked about bees, and pollination and how our food depends on bees. Pretty cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment