Tuesday, April 28, 2015
Just a thought...with everything that has been happening the last couple of days, I am thankful that Aiden lives in blissful ignorance of it all. So many kids know too much. They hear us talking, or see things on the news when we don't realize it, they hear others talking. I am trying my best to raise him as a loving caring person that treats everyone equally. It is something that I can honestly say that if his father was involved things in this matter would look differently. He would be hearing more. Hearing more hatred, more racism, more negativity. I am proud of my little man. Proud that he sees everyone as equals and people to love and have fun with. I don't want him growing up thinking that one person's life is more important than another. I want him to grow up and trust that if he needs help, the police are the good guys. I know that is is idealistic and hard to fathom for some. But for me and my five and a half year old, all lives matter. I have friends that are not white, I have friends that are law enforcement, I have friends that their husbands, wives, significant others are in law enforcement. ALL LIVES MATTER. I know that people won't agree with me, I know that there are bad cops, and many good people that aren't "white". But for today, for my life and for my son I am trying to teach peace and equality instead of hatred and racism. Some of you may agree, some of you may disagree, but that is your right, that is your choice. Please don't come down on me because of what I believe and what I choose to teach my child.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment